The news about the coronavirus (COVID-19) is changing every day and we are continuing to monitor the situation. Our focus remains on the health and safety of our employees, members and the communities that we serve.
It is our goal to continue to serve our members via all service channels where we can properly follow the guidelines provided by the CDC to help keep our staff and members healthy. We will continue to serve our members in the best way we can and keep you informed about any changes that affect your credit union services should we need to do so.
Here is the current status of our branches at Members CU
- The Lincolnton Office is open as of 3/27 to drive-thru business only. Please read this update for more info.
- Starting Monday, March 23 all branches except for our branch located in Morganton, NC and Lincolnton, NC will remain open. The 13 branch locations that are open will operate under normal business hours and will either conduct teller transactions at the drive-thru window only, or limit the number of members in the lobby to one to three members at a time. Loan officers at each branch can complete loan applications with our members remotely but if you need to meet with a loan officer you may call that branch to make an appointment. For a complete list of each branch and the changes they are making to in-person access to the teller line please click here.
- Please be aware that some of our staff may take the extra precaution of wearing gloves to prevent the spread of germs when handling cash. Also, our cleaning crews have been instructed to thoroughly clean our branches each night with a disinfectant solution, with an extra focus on high touch traffic areas
Shared Branch Access
MCU Members who access their account through Shared Branching should be aware that Shared Branching access is affected by COVID-19 as other credit unions close their locations to walk-in business. Please consider using direct deposit when available or sending your check by mail to MCU. You can access your account at CO-OP ATMs and Cash Points ATMs using you Visa Debit Card or MCU Cash Card.
Consider using our home banking channels
There is no need to come to a branch when you can do business with us from home 24/7. We have several channels available to you so you can make a payment, check your balance, transfer money, and pay bills remotely.
- We are temporarily waiving the $7 fee charged for Loan Payments made by Debit Card: When you call in or log in to Online Loan Pay to make your MCU loan payment with a debit card Members CU will waive the $7 fee charged for processing. This is to encourage more members to take advantage of the electronic payment channel and prevent an unnecessary trip out to visit a branch to make a payment.
- Call center and telephone account access: Our call center will remain available to help you Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM. Our 24-hour telephone response system, TELL-COM, is also available and allows you to check balances, make transfers and check account history at any time of the day or night. Click here for instructions on how to use TELL-COM
- Manage your accounts from home 24/7: Our digital access channels, MEMCU Online and MEMCU Mobile are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and are an easy way to manage your accounts and avoid crowds. If you have not already enrolled in these free online services I would encourage you to do so. Click here to Enroll in MEMCU Online or Mobile
- View statements and pay bills from home: Once you are enrolled in MEMCU Online or MEMCU Mobile you can register for eStatements and get access to your monthly account statements online. If you have a checking account, you can also enroll in eBill, our free online bill pay service. And members with an MCU checking account with an MCU branded Visa Debit Card can send money to anyone using Peer to Peer payments. These are all services that are free and available 24/7 anywhere you have internet access.
You have access to more than 30,000 Surcharge-Free ATMs Nationwide
- ATM and Debit Card Access: Members CU does not charge members for using an out of network ATM but the ATM operator might. You can avoid the fee from the operator by using one of the 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs in the CO-OP Shared Branching Network. You can also use your MCU Cash Card or MCU Visa Debit Card at merchants that provide cash back on your purchase. Make sure you locate your Cash Card and Debit Card and that you know your PIN. If you need to have a card or PIN ordered for you please call us at 1-800-961-8000 between 8 AM and 5 PM to have one ordered for you. Click here to find an ATM near you.
Please consider accessing your account through our online and telephone channels should you feel sick instead of visiting a branch location. Our employees are taking extra precautions to limit their risk of being exposed to the virus. We encourage you to be diligent in caring for your health and well-being and in the prevention of the spread of this virus to others.
Please be careful and safe.